“The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.” - Henry Ford
Failure reporting and corrective action system (FRACAS) is the foundation of quality management and continuous improvement. FRACAS is the one of the core systems used extensively by Department of Defense, Aerospace, and Automotive industries to improve products, processes and reliability.
We believe FRACAS should be a universal system that should be available for all industries, organizations of all sizes and support all type of processes, including customer service, manufacturing, maintenance, test engineering, field service, logistics, product development and supply chain management.
The FRACAS process in KaizenKit is designed with the following clear objectives
- Ubiquitous availability so that anybody, including customers, partners and suppliers, any system, and any machine can report failures
- Collect all available failure data, including all related qualitative and quantitative data
- Provide a collaborative environment for cross-functional teams to come together discuss, analyze and understand more about the failure incident
- Provide an avenue to connect advanced analysis (statistics and simulation) and test engineering results so that the cross-functional teams can evaluate sources and causes of failure
- Allow teams to highlight, test and document corrective action
- Support a closed loop and visible workflow process to ensure that corrective/preventive action(s) are implemented and failure does not repeat